How can Diamond help me?
+44 (0)1235 778797
Diamond houses a machine called a synchrotron that produces extremely bright light for scientific research.
In some cases, the synchrotron offers techniques that are available on lab-based instruments but with highly focused beams of light many orders of magnitude brighter than achieveable in a lab, we offer the following benefits:
- smaller samples (or much larger)
- a range of sample environments which can be used to mimic operational conditions, for example at high temperature, pressure or specific chemical environments;
- very high spatial resolution;
- high energy X-rays that penetrate more deeply into materials compared to laboratory generated X-rays;
- the high intensity of the X-rays allows the study of industrial processes in real time;
- considerably reduced measurement time in comparison with laboratory techniques.
Many experimental techniques available at Diamond are only possible at a synchrotron. These techniques take advantage of the extremely bright and tuneable nature of the light produced at Diamond (ranging from IR and UV through to X-rays) and allow investigation of the structural and chemical composition of a wide range of materials from the atomic to the cellular level.
For further information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 1235 778797.