- The MPL is a user facility open to applications from any research group interested in learning more about our methods for crystallising and solving structures of membrane proteins.
- The laboratory operates in a similar way to a synchrotron beamline, with users visiting for periods of a few days up to several months, depending on the project.
- Users can also make repeat visits to the MPL, depending on what they project requires.
- Applications are reviewed by the MPL Scientific Advisory Board.
- The MPL provides training and access to equipment for visitors on site at Diamond.
- Current staffing levels do not allow us to provide a full crystallisation service, users will need to visit Diamond and set up their experiments themselves, under the supervision of MPL staff.