|Job Title||Accounts Payable Assistant (Maternity Cover)|
|Post Type||Full time / 1 year fixed term|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £19k|
|Date of interviews||TBC|
- Complete accounts payable general processing accurately and in a timely manner by: Validating, coding, entering, scanning and uploading all documents to both Dream and eProc within agreed payment terms.
- Complete all accounts payable special requirements processing accurately and timely by: Ensuring that reduced payment terms are adhered to, spreadsheet analysis where applicable and anomalies are resolved. E.g. RS Components, Avenance, Farnell.
- Be responsible for the creation of valid Sterling and Foreign payment runs on a weekly basis: Ensuring each item on the list is valid for payment, posted to the bank and the payment details recorded correctly.
- Maintain up to date homepage on eProc by:Ensuring all invoices are distributed to the correct person for authorisation, progressing declines invoices, posting authorised items and chasing unauthorised items.
- Process all internal and external expense accurately and timely by: Validating all claims, ensuring that they are in line with the staff handbook allowances where applicable and are supported by an accepted form of receipt. Verifying currency rates and raising queries as necessary.
- Deal professionally with all AP/Expense related queries internal and external by: Respond to queries in a timely manner, setting a timescale for resolution, keeping the ‘customer’ informed of progress and escalating the query where necessary.
- Share the query details with the other Accounts payable team members to allow anyone to review a status of a query, and deal with it should the need arise.
- To prepare month end reconciliations in line with management accounts requirements – duplicate invoices report, supplier reconciliation, aged creditors report. Reconciliation of outstanding large contracts.
- To check and validate data from STFC for monthly cost collection, query any anomalies and obtain authorisation for the expenditure.
- To assist with any other accounting duties as they arise. The job holder will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
- Maths and English GCSE standard;
- No specific qualifications are required but proven skills in computer packages such as Excel would be an advantage, and with legacy accounting systems would be a necessity;
- Experience of all aspects of Accounts Payable and expenses processing, including :- data input, review, distribution for authorisation, resolution of queries, generation of payments, and reconciliation of statements;
- Understanding the importance of ensuring that the entries into the books of account are accurate;
- Able to operate procedures for Accounts Payable and expense claim processing in line with the organisation’s policy for authorisation and approval;
- Attention to detail, able to review documents for errors and then correct them;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required;
- Good numeracy, data input and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to multi task, handling several elements of the role at the same time;
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels throughout the organisation and external to the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience: Desirable
- Able to prioritise work and manage various demands, from various sources;
- Experience of the above transactions denominated in foreign currencies;
- Evidence of experience in cross cover working with other team members.
- Experience in working in a time pressured environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate a financial perspective to highly qualified (but non financial) members of staff
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.