|Post Type||Full or Part Time (minimum 4 days per week), Permanent|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £24k|
|Date of interviews||TBC|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
To provide for the efficient and economical treatment of orders, resolve issues arising from them and co-ordinate developments of the eProc system.
- Undertake tenders as directed by the Senior Buyer ensuring compliance with DLS and EU regulations;
- Process purchase requests between £5k and £50k ensuring value for money and compliance with DLS procedures;
- Establishing and maintaining call-off orders with suppliers for low-value transactions;
- Liaise with suppliers to discuss issues regarding existing or new purchase orders;
- Provide support, advice and training to eProc users;
- Maintain regular contact with the DLS finance department in order to follow-up any payment queries from suppliers including investigating the reasons for unexpected delivery charges on orders;
- Act as a first point of contact for all eProc related queries and log support calls using the Ecom-online helpdesk service in cases where eProc related queries cannot be resolved in the first instance;
- Co-ordinate eProc developments within Procurement;
- Update supplier/new supplier information using DREAM software package;
- Maintain and update the credit-account file, setting up new credit-accounts with suppliers, where necessary;
- Activate new users on the eProc system;
- Support the Tender and Contracts Administrator as required;
- Cover for Purchase Order Administrator as required.
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
- Willing to undertake Procurement training as required;
- Experience using an electronic procurement system;
- Work as a buyer in dynamic environment;
- Ability to negotiate optimum conditions with suppliers;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative;
- Computer literate, particularly in Excel & Word.
Qualifications and Experience: Desirable
- Purchasing in an organisation subject to European Procurement Regulations;
- Experience of technical/scientific sector.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.