Inside Diamond Schools - Post-16 Open Day
Inside Diamond Schools is a series of events aimed at A-level or equivalent students, welcoming them to Diamond to meet our scientists, find out about the exciting work taking place here, and have a tour of the synchrotron itself.
Diamond is a particle accelerator which uses a beam of electrons travelling at almost the speed of light to create intense, powerful beams of light. We use this light to study the atomic and molecular structure of materials – everything from viral proteins to engine parts and ancient texts – to help scientists understand more about the way the world works.
- An introductory talk
- A guided tour - including a trip to see inside the synchrotron and our laboratories - please note that extensive walking will be involved;
- An opportunity to talk to Diamond employees and ask them about their work and the facility;
- 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm and 2.30pm
- Due to the size of the facility, during the guided tour there will be extensive walking involved, we advise all visitors to wear comfortable footwear.
- We have very few restrictions due to health or mobility issues, although we ask you to tell us of any special requirements during registration.
The events in March, June and November 2013 are now full. We may add further events during 2013. To go on our reserve list or to register your interest future events please email email@example.com, including in your email:
· Your contact details (email/phone)
· The name of your school