Inside Diamond - Public Open Days
Open days at Diamond - 1st and 2nd June 2013
The open days will feature family friendly stalls and activities, a short introduction to Diamond and a tour of the machine. We expect a visit will last around two and a half hours – so please wear comfy shoes! There are 8 sessions per day on the Saturday and Sunday, you can select your choice within the booking system.
- Our latest virus research with Pirbright, responsible for a revolutionary new vaccine for Foot and Mouth disease
- How we are using X-rays to uncover the secrets of the dinosaurs
- Hands on experiments – make a marshmallow crystal
- How a machine the size of Wembley Stadium can be used to see life on the atomic scale
- Due to the size of the facility, during the guided tour there will be extensive walking involved, we advise all visitors to wear comfortable footwear.
- Due to the nature of the facility we do not admit visitors under the age of 5
- We have very few restrictions due to health or mobility issues, although we ask you to tell us of any special requirements during registration.
Make a booking
The open days on 1st and 2nd June are now fully booked. We will be hosting more open days and events for the public later in the year, so please e-mail at the address below to be added to our mailing list.
Please e-mail Diamond Communications at email@example.com to amend or cancel your booking.