The latest UK SAXS User Meeting was held in Sheffield on 25-27 March 2013. The meeting followed the very successful format of the meeting held in Cardiff 2010 where a workshop for new users will preceed the general meeting.
The workshop included introductory lectures to the various SAXS tecniques possible and an interactive afternoon session with the software available at Diamond.
Keynote Speakers for the main meeting included
- Tom Irving (BioCAT/IIT Chicago) - Sub-millisecond time resolution continuous flow SAXS
- Craig Boote (Cardiff) - New Perspectives on Corneal Wound Healing and Graft Survival
- Rob Richardson (Bristol) - Colloidal Nematics from Pigment Nanoparticles
- Goran Ungar (Sheffield) - Self-Assembly of Organic and Hybrid Materials on Surfaces and in Nanochannels
- Lise Arleth (Copenhagen) - Using Small-Angle Scattering in studies of membrane proteins
A good list of meetings relevant to the SAXS User community is available on the Software for Small Angle Scattering Website. For more general synchrotron meetings it is worth checking out the Lightsources.org website
NCD Online Discussion Group